Jay and I have decided to start this blog in order to keep track of our kids’ progress throughout the years, to give them something entertaining (hopefully) to read when they grow up, to keep family and friends in the loop of our daily life and to reach out to anyone who cares what it is like to walk a day or two in our shoes! We hope to keep up with the blog on a regular basis and to entertain you along the way. While we can’t promise anything, we’ll do our best.


DISCLAIMER: nothing in this blog is to upset anyone, it is our thoughts, our interpretation of life and our story… please do not bash us for having an opinion on life!



Monday, January 30, 2012

A Day With Noah

As I mentioned in our history, Noah is getting to the age where he starts doing and saying the funniest darn things!  I’ve been waiting since he was born for this and I’m so excited about it I can’t stand it!  I’m not much for the “helpless baby” stage, but I love, love, love the toddler years…. even though it comes with the “terrible twos”, which Jay and I refuse to believe exist! 

The other day I came home from work and couldn’t help but notice that Noah had shiny stuff on his face.  Upon further inspection I realized it was glitter.  I hadn’t noticed an art project on the kitchen counter, so I knew Nanny Dana didn’t have craft day.  She then proceeds to tell me about Noah’s day (my day reports from her are quite amusing).  Here is what that day brought… Nanny Dana had gone into the bathroom.  In the two minutes she was gone Noah opened up his normally locked closet door (he had broken the lock a few weeks ago and we hadn’t replaced it yet).  I had moved all of our craft supplies into his closet so that Nanny Dana could access them better on craft day.  Noah found two jars of glitter.  He proceeded to open them and throw himself a party!  Glitter ended up all over his room and all over him.  After hearing this I realized that he not only had glitter on his face, but all over his body!  At this point I dare to take a glance at the babies… they were sparkly too!  Within ten minutes of being home we were all sparkly because, as I’m sure you all know, you just CAN’T clean up glitter!  Later that night I learned that the hardwood floors don’t give up glitter easy and that Noah’s bed looks like he spent the evening at a strip club and brought home a bit of the girls!  I have to give mad props to Nanny Dana over this one because had it been me… I would have not handled it so well!  She cleaned it up the best she could and because it happened on her watch, I’m able to laugh hysterically at the fun my little guy was having!

After Nanny Dana left the babies were enjoying some tummy time… of course Noah was right there “helping” them roll over!  He then decided he needed to “play” with them and leaned in to get a good “look”… it ended with Noah laying on top of his baby brother and me having to rescue Carter from being “squished” as Noah would say!  After the baby rescue, Noah and I decided it was time for his dinner.  I made him a lovely spread of macaroni and cheese and chicken nuggets… I even threw in a pickle garnish which he loved!  He gets all excited about dinner time and drags his chair over to the coffee table (or dining room table is currently the Island of Sodor under construction) while I bring in his plate and juice!  We get him all situated eating and I go back to the kitchen to clean up the dishes.  I finish up in the kitchen and look in on Noah (the rooms are right next to each other) only to find macaroni and cheese and juice all over the floor!  Here is what progressed from there:

Mommy:  Noah, what did you do?
Noah:  Huh?  (his favorite new response)
Mommy:  What did you do?
Noah:  Babies (with this look of guilt on his face)
Mommy:  Are you saying the babies made this mess?
Noah:  YES!

So, the blame game has started and he’s not even two yet!  Noah helps me clean up the mess and we move on.  Here is a picture of Noah... not even on the same night, but it will give you an idea!  At least this time he was immobilized!



I put Carter in the bumbo (bimbo as we call it) chair and I start playing with Noah.  My phone rings so I walk to the kitchen to grab it.  I come back into the living room and immediately notice that Carter is missing, bimbo chair and all!  I turn to right to find him chilling in his bimbo in Noah’s room.  

Mommy:  What is going on?
Noah:  Huh?
Mommy:  How did Carter get in your room?
Noah:  Noah push
Mommy:  Why did you push Carter into your room?
Noah:  Brother need play!

So they played!  I’d love to say this was the end of Noah for the day… but it continued into bath time when his starfish fountain floated away from him and he couldn’t get to it in time. 

Noah:  Oh shit!
Mommy:   (laughing hysterically) What did you say?
Noah:  (turns around all innocent) Uh-oh!


When your two year old can use such colorful language in the perfect context, you know you are to blame!  I can’t take all the blame for this, as this isn’t the first time he’s said it.  We had a lovely car ride once, where Daddy could not stop saying it.  I think he was saying it just because he couldn’t stop…

Daddy:  Oh Shit
Noah:  Shit
Daddy:  Shit, I need to watch my mouth
Noah: Shit
Daddy:  Shit, I said it again!
Noah: Shit



This went on for about five minutes while I just giggled in the passenger seat keeping my mouth shut because I had finally gotten something over daddy and I didn’t want to accidentally say it!  Needless to say, I guess mommy and daddy need to work on their potty mouths before we end up in timeout!!!

By far the best thing he’s ever said to me:

Noah:  Mommy pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment