Jay and I have decided to start this blog in order to keep track of our kids’ progress throughout the years, to give them something entertaining (hopefully) to read when they grow up, to keep family and friends in the loop of our daily life and to reach out to anyone who cares what it is like to walk a day or two in our shoes! We hope to keep up with the blog on a regular basis and to entertain you along the way. While we can’t promise anything, we’ll do our best.


DISCLAIMER: nothing in this blog is to upset anyone, it is our thoughts, our interpretation of life and our story… please do not bash us for having an opinion on life!



Thursday, March 22, 2012

Shopping With Noah

Last night Noah and I decided to join Nina on a shopping trip to Kohl's.  Daddy braved the twins at home by himself so that I could try to get away for a brief moment!  Nina's plan was to find a pair of shoes for Carter, socks for Paige, a prize for Noah and an "undergarment" for herself!  Noah opted to ride in the cart which both shocked and thrilled us.

We ended up spending a lot of time browsing around the children's department.  They had some really cute dresses for Paige, however not a whole lot in her size.  Noah was having the time of his life pulling dresses off the rack and telling us "this is cute, this is cute"!  We found the shoes for Carter, although a little big, but he'll grow into them and they are adorable!  We found the socks for Paige, and Noah picked out an awesome pair of sunglasses!  He actually let Nina buy them, so she was happy!  Normally Noah will pick something out but tell Nina to put it back before we get to the register leaving Nina upset that she didn't get to buy him anything!  This time, he hid the sunglasses under his leg so we knew he REALLY wanted to take them home!  Nina ended up buying the shoes, the socks, the sunglasses, an outfit for each of the kids, her "undergarments", a few outfits for herself, a shirt for me, and even a shirt for Daddy!  It was like Christmas in March!  We think she won the lottery, but won't tell us!

While perusing the store, pushing Noah in the cart I heard this familiar noise.  Noah turns around immediately and screams "Mommy did you fart?"  Everyone turned to stare!  I quickly told him "No Noah, but I think you just did".  He started laughing and said "No Mom Mom, I pooped!"  At this point everyone near us is laughing hysterically!  I quickly ushered my two year old away, while Nina chastised me for teaching Noah the word fart! 

Next we entered the sacred "undergarment" department!  Let me just tell you... the space they give you push a cart through is very small.  Bring a two year old into the equation and you have bras everywhere!  He loved the bras (Daddy's boy for sure)!  After a few minutes of replacing bras to the rack that Noah had thrown on the floor, I noticed he had a tag and was chewing on it!  I quickly took it away and said "Noah don't pull tags off the bras, the store doesn't like that".  Next thing I know he has ANOTHER one!  I quickly take that one away, when he produces yet ANOTHER tag!  I'm a little confused and say "Noah, where in the world are you getting all these tags?"  It was at this point that Nina decided to clue me in to the fact that he had pulled off so many that I didn't notice and he had hid them under his legs in the cart!  So here I am trying to clean all the tags out from under him, hoping to not get kicked out of the store, when Daddy calls!  Kids screaming in the background!  AHHHHH!  Evidently my children turn into holy terrors the minute I leave the house!  Thankfully, Daddy worked his magic and managed to quiet them down before I got home!

Luckily I managed to capture a wonderful moment in my son's life before we left the store! If you look real close you can kind of see the hidden tags!  Sorry they are blurry, they are from my phone.

Trying on the "brahhhhh"


It fits much better here Mommy!

1 comment: