Jay and I have decided to start this blog in order to keep track of our kids’ progress throughout the years, to give them something entertaining (hopefully) to read when they grow up, to keep family and friends in the loop of our daily life and to reach out to anyone who cares what it is like to walk a day or two in our shoes! We hope to keep up with the blog on a regular basis and to entertain you along the way. While we can’t promise anything, we’ll do our best.


DISCLAIMER: nothing in this blog is to upset anyone, it is our thoughts, our interpretation of life and our story… please do not bash us for having an opinion on life!



Tuesday, February 21, 2012

From My Valentine

Jay and I don’t really do much to celebrate Valentine’s Day.  We both feel that if we need the calendar to set aside a day of the year to remind us that we love each other, then we should probably seek marriage counseling!  Despite our hatred for the day of love, and for everything Valentine’s Day has turned into, every year we join the masses and stand in Hallmark to find the perfect card to express our love to one another.  Mine usually involves a cute bear with a whip and contains many threats of what will happen if Jay doesn’t do exactly what I need done, while his is from the heart and contains numerous reasons as to why I am so wonderful!  It’s the perfect combination for us.  Normally this is where we end our Valentine’s Day show of affection… unless you take our trip to the store after Valentine’s Day to buy a boat load of candy on sale into consideration!
This year Jay decided to give us each one more gift.  On Valentine’s Day, Jay informed me that his work requires him to have a digital camera on hand every single day.  He couldn’t help but notice that since I began blogging our digital camera (really it’s his, it’s the reason I married him!) is always at my side and memory card is always full of hundreds of pictures (usually the same shot over and over again) of the kids.  He was having issues getting the camera away from me so that he could work, and then had further issues sorting through pictures of our precious children to find his work pictures of dirt holes, ground stakes, pipes and other random constructiony type stuff (hmmm… is constructiony even a word?).  So, instead of going to the over-crowded restaurants and joining in on the forced celebration of love, where does Jay take me… to Best Buy of course!!!  Let me tell you, it’s the best time to shop for electronics!  There was NO ONE in there!  Ten minutes after arriving we walked out and I had a brand new Nikon Coolpix camera in my hand for all my picture taking needs!  It took me longer to figure out how the damn straps went on this thing than it did to purchase it!  Now, he could have taken the new camera and left me with the old, perfectly functioning Canon camera we already had, but where would the love have been?!  We both win… he gets his Canon back and I get a brand new Nikon! 
Here are some pictures taken from our new camera.  I'm still playing with it, but I'm sure I'll figure out how to operate it someday!
Noah:  2 years     Paige and Carter:  3 1/2 months (15 1/2 weeks)





No comments:

Post a Comment