Jay and I have decided to start this blog in order to keep track of our kids’ progress throughout the years, to give them something entertaining (hopefully) to read when they grow up, to keep family and friends in the loop of our daily life and to reach out to anyone who cares what it is like to walk a day or two in our shoes! We hope to keep up with the blog on a regular basis and to entertain you along the way. While we can’t promise anything, we’ll do our best.


DISCLAIMER: nothing in this blog is to upset anyone, it is our thoughts, our interpretation of life and our story… please do not bash us for having an opinion on life!



Friday, February 3, 2012

Parks and Recreation


Yesterday I took a half day at work for a doctor’s appointment, only to arrive at the doctors and be told that I have to reschedule because of a conflict… okay, no problem, but whatever happened to a courtesy call?!  So, I reschedule my appointment and figure the extra free time will give me more time to spend with Noah at the park, which I’d promised him we would do after I went to the doctor. 

Noah and I had a blast together at the park!  He insisted that I do everything he did!  If he crawled into the tiny little plastic house filled with sand, I was supposed to follow.  If he climbed to the highest slide, not only was I to follow, but he insisted I slide down with him.  I know darn well he can do this himself.  Imagine how I looked at the swings when I was trying to push him and then I'd run to the closest swing, hop on and get it going before I had to run over and push him again!  I definitely got my work out!  After we played we sat at the picnic tables and had snack.  Noah decided the cookies needed to be ON the table rather than in his bowl… yep… that bird poop covered old wooden type of picnic table!  I figured, I didn’t die from being a child… neither would he!

I noticed something about our kid today… he’s big on cleaning!  But only outdoors!  He can’t stand to have dirt on his hands, or to touch the ground for that matter.  He spent half the time at the park cleaning all the little pieces of wood chips they use for the ground off the actual playground!  He kept telling me it was messy!  I am pretty sure I should hide my cleaning OCD from him a little better.



Miss Dana (Nanny Dana) left the house around five, which meant I had an hour or so alone with the kids before daddy came home.  She had fed the babies at four, so they were set until after eight.  I decided I should sort some laundry and get it started so that my weekend wouldn’t be full of folding clothes.  This is when all hell broke loose!  Carter started screaming bloody murder!  I got him calmed down, the Paige started screaming!  I calm her down only to have Carter start back up again!  I ended up holding both of them, and walking around the house trying to calm them down with Noah following every step that I took, thinking where in the hell is Daddy?!  They don’t stop crying… they couldn’t be hungry after only 2 ½ hours since their last feeding!  YEP!  So there I am being forced to feed them at the same time because they are screaming and I’m home alone.  I have Paige in the crook of my arm with my hand wrapped around her head holding the bottle while she dribbles most of it of her mouth.  I have Carter in a boppy, holding his bottle in his mouth, and I’m completely stuck where I am… and guess who decides he needs to play with GLITTER again!!!
Somehow I manage to get through all this and get the laundry sorted.  It took a good hour to sort one basket thanks to Paige and her inability to hold a damn binkie in her mouth!  At this point I’m just exhausted from running back and forth and Noah keeps hurting himself, when suddenly daddy comes strolling in at 8:00, “Honey, I have dinner.”  It took me about two minutes to get my shoes on, grab my keys and run out of that house for a much needed five minute break!

I came home to find a full glass of wine with my name on it!  Thank you Honey!  Of course Noah tried to drink it and I mistakenly told him it was mommy’s medicine… his juice is now his medicine!
(okay, this picture is old... but it's still great)!
I have to laugh at myself though, I get all excited about coming home from work and seeing the kids, but they have me in or near tears within three hours!  Poor Noah kept telling me he was sorry, and he didn’t even do anything!  It’s nice to know I’m not alone in this though.  Daddy was ready to throw in the towel after about two hours!!! 

We somehow managed to get through dinner, give Noah a bath and get everyone to their beds by 10:30pm.  I spoke way too soon about the whole twins sleeping through the night thing… yeah no, they aren’t doing that all of a sudden!  Mommy got about 3 ½ hours of sleep last night thanks to those cute little bundles of joy! 
Wonder what tonight will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment