Jay and I have decided to start this blog in order to keep track of our kids’ progress throughout the years, to give them something entertaining (hopefully) to read when they grow up, to keep family and friends in the loop of our daily life and to reach out to anyone who cares what it is like to walk a day or two in our shoes! We hope to keep up with the blog on a regular basis and to entertain you along the way. While we can’t promise anything, we’ll do our best.


DISCLAIMER: nothing in this blog is to upset anyone, it is our thoughts, our interpretation of life and our story… please do not bash us for having an opinion on life!



Friday, February 24, 2012

Noah's 2nd Birthday: Part 1

It’s official… our little guy is now TWO!  Jay and I had originally decided that every year on his birthday we would take him to the zoo.  Unfortunately, the weather told us it was going to rain, so we decided to hold off on our zoo trip and we went to work instead.  It never did rain and Mommy guilt set in within five minutes of sitting down at my desk.  It didn’t take me long to realize where I belonged, so I opted for a half day and rushed home to make Noah cupcakes! 

I arrived home to hear three children and one nanny all screaming!  I mean SCREAMING!  I could hear it in the driveway!  Turns out the twins were cranky,  and Noah was having a riot egging them on and mimicking Carter’s wails for attention.  And well, Miss Dana was mimicking Noah just to join in on all the fun!  The screams of my children continued all afternoon and somehow I managed to make the cupcakes in between popping aspirin.  It took me a while to convince Nina that I actually made them!  I think they turned out pretty good, what do you think?

Because the kids just got over being sick we decided it was not the best time to have a big birthday party.  Instead we had Nina and G-Pa over to the house for “cake” and presents, and Noah was able to Skype with Grandma and Grandpa in Illinois!  Things were going well until Daddy went out to one of Noah’s favorite pizza joints, and bought him a $20 pizza only to leave it on top of the van and drive away!  Despite the fact that our yummy dinner ended up splattered on the highway and we ended up spending another $13, the frozen pizza was a huge success with Noah (even if it did cost us $33)! We had a good laugh at  gave Daddy a hug and thanked him for his efforts!

Here are some of the gifts that came Noah's way...

Day of the Diesel and other great movies, AND a new jacket



Thomas the Train Trackmaster extension pack

Digital Camera


Grillin’ Grand Kitchen


Now that the weekend is upon us, we have great plans to celebrate Noah’s birthday!  Join us next week and read “Noah’s Birthday, Part 2”!  I won’t tell you what are plans are, I’ll keep you in suspense until then!  So tell me… how did you celebrate your kids’ 2nd birthday?  Leave us a comment, we’d love to hear from you!  While you’re there take some guesses at what you think we’ve decided to do!

If you are still with me and want to hang out for a minute, here are some other great shots from our day!











 

No comments:

Post a Comment